Monday, February 16, 2009

Is it spring?

Well it might has well have been spring. I totally cleaned up the living areas today, they really did need it. My dinning room was terrible. Now it all looks great. I made my own cleaning product to use as a spray and wipe cleaner. Simple ingredients, Vinegar, Diluted Metho and a bit of eucalyptus oil and shake it up in a spray bottle. Works pretty good, and the house smelt nice and fresh. I used it on some glass and it is almost streak free.

MMM yum also made some slices. An easy brownie slice and mars bar slice. Should be nice to eat with cuppas over the next week. Always good to have snacks for work too! I got both of these recipes from Simple Savings website. The forum there is great reading and very helpful. There are still so many recipes on there I have yet to try. The mars bar one is actually from the 4 ingredients cookbook.

EASY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE SLICE
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar (white, caster or raw)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 large eggs
100g (or more) of chopped pecans/walnuts or choc bits
Line 34cm x 23cm tin (or 2 square tins) with baking paper.
Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
Pour into lined tin and bake in moderate oven till springs back in centre - approx 20 -25 minutes.
When cool sprinkle with icing sugar or drinking chocolate & cut into small rectangles.


Mars Bar Slice
3 mars bars
3 cups rice bubbles
90 grams butter, melted
200grams cooking chocolate
1. Cut mars bars in to pieces. Melt over hot water.
2. Mix melted mars bars into rice bubbles and butter.
3. Place in greased tray. 4. Melt cooking chocolate over hot water.
5. Pour melted chocolate over the top of rice bubble mixture in tray.
6. Refridgerate until set. Cut into squares to serve


There are more seeds planted, shallots and cabbage. That dogs are still digging up the garden. We have some spare chicken wire. going to put it around the seedlings, should protect them untill we get better measures. The weather has been very nice and I can't believe how quickly those seeds sprouted up, I think it was only 3 days before seeing shoots! Chickens are going well as always, luckily they don't require a lot of looking after. Though every now and then I find a soft shelled egg, I might need to buy some grit for them.

Slowly getting underneath the house sorted out. It seemed to somehow collect a lot of junk very easily. I have no idea where half the stuff down there even came from. I'm thinking some cheap shelving might be a good idea. Might grab some for the shed too, as it is also looking messy and needs sorting out.

Hmm I'm off to taste test more slice with a cup of milo...

1 comment:

  1. not spring yet but my house needs a good spring cleaning as well. Too rainy yet though.

    ReplyDelete