Saturday, August 29, 2009

Finally get around to it!

Wow doesn't time fly! It has been 1 month since my last post here, and while I have been slack on the blog I haven't been slack in reality. Work is busy with grain and cattle running regularly. Home is busy with garden, chickens and the dogs. All the puppies have new homes thankfully, so that does make things a little bit easier around here. The few days I do get off from work, seem to be spent doing catch up on housework lately. I am hoping to give the house a really good clean up and declutter as I have got 5 days off. I need to try and get some RnR too though!

Breaking news has come through. I was offered a job transfer for December 2010. This has just been brought forward to February 2010 (they must need drivers), so I am hoping to see family sooner then I thought! The biggest descion now is whether to rent, buy or build a house when we get there. I am looking at all options right now, however the interest rates are a little jumpy and who know what will happen to house prices. Also is it possible for the rent to go up further? And renting with pets can be difficult.

The silkies have been to given to a new home, due to the other chickens were picking on them too much and we felt bad for them. They will be better off in their new house as they will be with other silkies. The garden is doing well, I have collected lots of seeds from the original vegies in the garden for next planting. The seedlings from the last post are doing well and I am hoping to be eating from them soon. We are getting a lot of very nice tomatoes from the tomato bushes. There are 3 different varieties to choose from, but they all taste very nice and fresh! We have since planted some potato, while they have grown quite large, it will be a while before we can harvest them. A few showers have kept the garden nice and green and growing and even the grass is growing and coming through nice and green for spring.

The garden will be removed when we move and we will have to start again, so I will keep as many seeds as I can in preparation for that time. I really would like to take my chickens when we move as the plymouth breed can be hard to get. I can transport them up there, but need somewhere to keep them until we get the chook pen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment