Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So here we go..

While I may not have posted in a little while I have in actual fact been very busy around here.  I have some photos, yay, and will get you up to date with what I have been working on.  The weather has been lovely (thank goodness) Look at this lovely blue sky!

Last week I was given a small timber desk.  It was little worn out but I sanded it down, painted the base white (I am really starting to like white) but I left the top bare timber as it had a really nice grain in it.  Some pretty drawer handles.. and presto! a nice new telephone desk.  This area has a fair amount of 'stuff' which seems to collect.  The table I originally had just wasn't big enough, but it will get a new home doing something else.  I know you can't really see the legs of the table.. but thats ok cause there is stuff under there....   I am now on the look out for a small stool that will fully fit under the table, incase I want to sit and write some notes.


I have another little shelve set I picked up for $10.  I sanded it back and gave it some paint.  I am not really sure where I would like to put it, or put on it,  but I really like the look of the shelves.  It currently just sits in the corner with some loose stuff on it.


I have just finished a long weekend.  I was hoping to get my old fridge repainted as it is very rusty looking, otherwise a great fridge.  Everything was put on hold though when Rogue decided to have her puppies.  She was a little early but we now have 6 healthy little puppies keeping her very busy.  She is being a great mum to them and is protective which makes it hard to get a photo....

 


There is only 5 showing in the first photo, the other one was having a feed, second one shows just how tiny they are!!  Tank was ever patient as always.  He knows he is not allowed near her when she has little puppies.


While the puppies being here was great news it really put a dampner on my long weekend.  I did have a riding lesson lined up and was a little worried that I wouldn't not be able to go, but was rescued by lovely M-I-L, Val, who came out and babysat the little puppies for us.  We usually watch her carefully for the first few days to make sure she is doing ok and she doesn't roll over onto one the puppies.  She has been doing really well so far and the puppies already look bigger!  Thanks so much to Val (XOXOX).  She not only babysat but cooked us a lovely stew for dinner and did some cleaning while here.

No comments:

Post a Comment