Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here again..

Gone tomorrow?  Well nothing ever stay the same.  No I am not going anywhere, though some of the clutter in this house certainly is!  I have decided this spring to really get in and declutter some of our areas as they tend to accumulate more junk each time I turn around!  That is pretty fast in this house!  Starting off with some of the boxes that are still lying around from moving here. I know, what the?!?  Most of the boxes consist of my office and computer junk, so It is time to find some storage and get to work cleaning it all up.

Yay for power tools

Side note as I bought the nail gun set I thought I would show it off.  I used the brad gun to put together the shelves. went so much faster then the bench!  Yesterday I re-upholstered a seat.  It did have a vinyl type cover but the puppies tipped over a small jar of paint onto it.  So I grabbed a nice piece of gold/purple shot satin and used the staple gun to attach it.  The seat looks so nice that the rest almost needs repainting to make it all match. (never mind the paint on the carpet either)  : D  I am sure there will be enough fabric left to do a matching cushion for the bench I made.

New seat

I am so annoyed with Telstra these last 2 weeks.  I have been trying to sign up a new service with them and they still haven't got it connected!  They don't have a lot of customer service there.  I finally got on to a nice lady who is genuinly trying to fix it all up for us, but it may still take a couple of more weeks yet.  Bummer :(  However my new phone should be turning up this week which is a plus.  It uses apps much like an Iphone (I didn't get an iphone though.. yuck!)  So I am hoping to put it to good use getting better organised with everything. 

I now have a craft room.  Yay!  It is still pretty empty though, only the sewing bench and machines are in there and stores of fabric in the cupboard, but I am able to go in there and think up new ideas.  I have hung some new curtains and gave it a really good clean up.  I don't want to fill the room up too much yet, there are still some holes in the internal walls as it is still being renovated, I am sure it will be done soon though as the trims have been removed and we are ready to start work on the walls when we get the equipment/supplies, also I still have to learn how to put up studs and gyprock. 

New craft room.

I am still slowly painting my way around the veranda.  It is pretty hard to do this around work as I have to keep cleaning everything and I can only paint for a small period of time.  I would have loved to get some more done this weekend, unfortunately cleaning came first.

Still working my way around the old paint

Had to do some work in the shower.  It has been leaking for a little while, we weren't sure what was causing it so finally got around to pulling the lamipanel off the wall to have a look.  The timber has taken a beating from the water that has been getting in there, but will be fine for long enough until we get it all replaced.  There was some super old patterned tin sheeting attched to the wall (zomg, didn't they ever repair/update anything in the house) The whole pipe setup is pretty dero, must have been a home built job I am thinking as the cold and hot water are the wrong way around in this house.  However the leak turned out to be an 'O' ring.  So we did all 4 taps with new 'O' rings and washers so it shouldn't have to be done for a fair while now.  Just another thing to my "I know how to" do list, a fair few more to go yet.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment